Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Bloody Good Chat... Interview With Author Scarlette D'Noire (Vampires Romance to Rippers)



The 131 Preview Review is pleased to Present Scarlette D'Noire the woman behind these two awesome Anthologies!!




Originally from Chicago she is an American author currently residing in Florida with her husband and two furry children. A lover of all things vampire, Scarlette has published two books: Vampires Romance to Rippers Series an Anthology of Tasty Stories, and Vampires Romance to Rippers Series an Anthology of Risqué Stories with several outstanding authors.
She is currently writing two books in the Vampire Historia a Series of Revelations, collections: Nicolai's Fate and Delano's Undoing. Scarlette D'Noire is a nom de plume used to protect the true identity of the author so she may bring Vampire Historia a Series of Revelations to light without consequences.



Okay, so you may have noticed something wonky about this post.. Blogger hates me today, hence the lateness.. and the weird look, but I was not gonna let it stop me. So please bare with us as we chat with Ms. Scarlette D'Noire!

Firstly I'd love to welcome you to the 131 Preview Review Interview!!
Scarlette:
Thank you so much for having me.

You are very welcome, we'll dive right in and aim for the deep spot. Where on earth did you

come up with the idea to do not one, but TWO Anthologies of Vampire Tales?

Scarlette: 
Well, it actually happened when I became discouraged with a review on my not finished work. At the time I was too attached to every word I had written. I felt like I had spent so much time meeting new authors, learning the ropes and I mean learning everything I could because I came in with zero knowledge. so, I thought it would be a good idea to step away 
from that project and my attachment to it. I decided to ask some of the wonderful authors I had promoted and built friendships with over the last two years if they wanted to do an 

Anthology of shorts or excerpts of their Vampire stories. Charity Parkerson was the first on board with a rather risque little piece Double the Sin it was too good to turn down so I split
the Anthology into two books.
I understand the attachment to your work, I feel like I've given birth to my books and they turned 18 and moved out on me in the same day! Was it difficult juggling the anthologies?  Deciding what went were and what not?

Scarlette:
Oh my goodness yes! We have over twenty authors in the anthologies off the top of my head I think it is 22 authors. The funny thing is the authors were all wonderful, patient and kind. 
It took a lot of juggling and 16 hour days for about six weeks, but all in all it was well worth it. so, it may sound corny but I feel all of the authors are like my family now. We are bound 
together in those books. 
Yes, yes we are. *Smirk* I understand you had a great team for the Editing, Publishing and Covers, if you'd like to give them a shout, feel free!

Scarlette:
There is no way the Anthologies could have happened or had the success they are having 
with out them! first, Beth at Hercules Editing is a phenomenal woman and works her magic 
fast. I literally dump two full size novels in her lap and said "Can you please edit, proof and 
format these books ? And um, yeah I need it in less than a month, but I don't have all the
stories, or bio's etc.," she was as cool as could be and said, "No problem." I had nervous 
break downs and Beth was my anti- anxiety remedy. lol She told me to relax she never missed a deadline, and you know what she didn't! she is utterly amazing.
Equally amazing is Patti Roberts from Paradox Book Cover Designs. This girl juggles her own writing career where she builds these intricate worlds in her Paradox Series; totally amazing, and designs covers, trails, banners etc., you name it she does it.

And does it in great detail. I drove her crazy I am sure, but she was always professional. All

and i mean all of the authors in both books loved her work.

That is awesome! I know I truly loved the look of those covers!! I know being an author who is fortunate enough to have been featured, I have been on pins and needles about the release and how the promoting was going to go. What leaps and bounds have you found to be the most successful ways to push the Anthologies thus far?
Scarlette: 
Well, in terms of the success of the anthologies, my background is in sales, but this was a whole new ballgame. right now i am dying to go check Amazon the books are doing fangtastic. Thank you, for the compliment about promoting the book. I feel a strong obligation to all of the authors, each and every one of you. i was trusted with your work, your creativity and i did not and do not take that lightly. This has never been about making the books successful for money it has and is and always will be about honoring the amazing talent within the pages and promoting to the best of my abilities for all of us.
Yes, you were adamant that each author include bio's Links to their works across the web

and anything else we had kicking around! It was a wonderful experience! You did an

awesome job making us (Will & I) Feel like a part of the experience and not just contributors.
Scarlette: Exactly, how could I take your baby your creation and just do with it as I willed. I hate

predators and predatory publishers. I must also mention C.J. Ellisson the NY Times

Bestselling Indie author/publisher with helping by giving me great advice and guidance. As

you know when you pointed out the Title was not corrected after I had already ordered

print copies, I immediately contacted Beth, from Hercules Editing and the pro that she is she fixed it without hesitation. That was my error not hers, but regardless it was and is your

baby so it had to be fixed no matter what. That is professionalism and concern for my

authors. That is what I always want Indie Publishing House to be known for, being respectful of your art and your contribution.


Well I will tell you that so far you are succeeding!Earlier you mentioned stepping away from your own work, but these Anthologies were a 
huge task, and you were brave enough to showcase two of your own pieces.
The Making of Marea ( Risque Stories) & Vampire Historia a Series of Revelations: 
Nicolai's Fate (Tasty Stories) how did you come to choose these particular tales of your own making?
Scarlette: 
Thank you, I hope to continue earning your trust and respect. I had already written them. I chose to use the beginning of Nicolai's journey as a vampire, because the upcoming book is 
set in modern day St. Augustine Florida. What is in the Anthology was the setting for how he became a vampire and really is the prequel to the book I am trying to finish. It seemed that 
it could stand alone as an introduction. Now Marea is a different story. See, I have this little 
vampire in my head named Delano he claims to be the true star of all the books I will write, 
and I have to say he is right! He has told me many tales, which I have yet to find the time to write down. His dealing with Marea was one of them. So he and I went back to the beginning and he told me the story of Marea.

It's always a treat when our characters start screaming for their screen time, isn't it?I've had to begin extra books because some just won't shut up! LOL
Had you always planned to put int the tales or did that come after the first influx of material from the other talented authors. As in a Strength in numbers type approach?
Scarlette:Yes, I love it! Delano is pestering me now to upload The Making of Marea. I am releasing it 
as a short with a bonus article I wrote for IndieJudge an online publication. They have a 
special Halloween edition about Vampires. My friend Sufi put it together in Switzerland in a Masters program too.
I always planned to release an edition of Vampire Historia A Series of Revelations: The 
players. An introduction to their origins.

Very cool.. So you're international now!!
Scarlette:
Haha! And so are the Anthologies Germany, Italy, France, Canada etc., they are being downloaded in all those Countries too.
So is Bertena Varney and Charles E. Butler they are in the Vampire edition of IndieJudge too. Charles is an amazing talent great artist.

I should hire you fro my PR! LOL..... *Le Sigh* Will you work for recipes??
Can't afford to pay, but I feed people really well. LOL


Scarlette:
Hmmm, I am working for less right now so, well maybe we can put together a recipe book on amazon too. I'm always working an angle, it is the salesperson in me.

I got ya.. LOL
Speaking of , Bertena Varney she did a hell of a job with the introductions to each book, I understand she actually majored in vampire studies. Was that a happy coincidence or did you have her tied up in the closet for a special day?
Scarlette:Hahaha, another perk of build relationships along the way. Charles E. Butler told me about her a few years back and I was intrigued. Matter of fact her book The Lure of the Vampire Revamped is free now as well. 
Awesome!! Another work to add to the Kindle!!! and.... bought

Scarlette: 
And J.B. Stilwell another amazing talent her book is free too. The Source (The Mountain State Vampire Series) And there was another one.

Hahaha.... You really do push for everyone! I hope that you do the same for yourself when all is said and done!

I understand that Scarlette D'Noire is a pseudonym, I noticed that many of the authors in the Anthologies seem to use one. Do you think that there is a freedom that comes with the anonymity of the Nome DE Plume?

Scarlette:
I will say I was blown away by how the likes of Charity Parkerson, Carole Gill, Karen Dales, Kurt Kamm, Terri Reid and so many others could turn their work over to me and trust me to do a good job. These are people collectively who have won award, sold Bestsellers multiple times have over I would say 4 dozen books or more all totaled and they trusted me. I was more than blown away by all the love and support indie writers can show each other. That is why i named the publishing company Indie Publishing House, because I am proud to be an indie with all of you. In terms of pushing for myself, i will but the true secret is in the friendships I have built. I pushed for these authors for months and months before I ever said hey, want tot be in an anthology. I do not spam their walls. i sent my author fb buddy Eric Shelman a message yesterday and said hey do you mind if I post my vampire anthologies on your wall. 

Not only did he say yes, but he wrote a fantastic SEO post for me too. That kind of stuff

blows me away. rel).


That's a lot of powerhouse in the paranormal world, I think it is amazing when we as Indy's 

pull together, rather than pull apart.


Scarlette:
BTW Here are the current numbers, both are Bestsellers now in the genre. 

 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #577 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction >

Anthologies & Short Stories #29 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction >

Horror

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,063 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)


#33 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica


WOW!


Scarlette:
Yes Ma'am 


I'm at a loss for words...... That doesn't happen often... if ever...?
And Remind our readers how long the books have been out?
Scarlette:
Very cool right. Good energy gave good results

A great collection of tales helps too I'm sure! *Devilish grin*
The Anthologies are labeled as Vol.1 each respectively, should we be anticipating a repeat 
this time next year for Vol 2's?

Scarlette:
Do you really think I will let you rest that long? A whole year? I already have submissions in my inbox right now. And, yes the success of the Anthologies is collectively all of ours Some of the authors have said Oh Scarlette, this is all because of you. No, really it's not. it is because of each and every one of you. So keep writing!

WOW, *looks around... wondering what to tease people with... next* LOL


Scarlette:
hahaha, they should always be looking over their shoulders for our vampires shouldn't they?

Over the shoulders, under the bed, in the mists that mysteriously forms from nothing... We got all that and some shit they ain't ever seen I'm sure!

Scarlette:
Yes, but they can be sure to find it all on Amazon. 

We can not forget to mention that Vampires Romance to Rippers both the Tasty and Risque stories are FREE ON AMAZON until November 2nd!!
Scarlette:
They are on sale until midnight on 11/2 PST

Scarlette this has been an awesome Chat! I can't wait to see how it all bleeds out!
Scarlette:
Hahaha, yeah, have a bloody good night my friend.
And to all of you, my dear readers.... Come pick up your copies of the Anthologies!! And do 

see my Review...  ANd all the awesome spots to find Scarlette!! 

Cheers and Happy Reading!! 
Vampires: Romance To Rippers An Anthology of Tasty Stories

Vampires: Romance To Rippers An Anthology of Risque Stories

Indie Publishing House Facebook page

Scarlette's Facebook  

Scarlette's Blog  

Scarlette's Pinterest 

Scarlette's Twitter 

Scarlette's Bloody Good Book Blog  

Vampire Historia Website 

Vampire Historia Facebook Page







Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.