Friday, November 15, 2013

The 131 Preview Review Interviews Bestselling Author Candy Anne Little

The 131 Preview Review Presents


Candy Anne Little

     Candy Ann Little grew up in a small town in Ohio. She moved to Michigan with her family when her husband got a job there. She began writing in the aftermath of tragedy – her third child was stillborn. The nurse suggested keeping a journal to cope with the grief. Although she thought it a dumb idea at the time, she soon found a freedom and healing that writing brought.
       Eventually that pain and sorrow turned into her first Inspirational romance. Candy Ann finds it therapeutic putting her thoughts into the words and action of her characters. She also finds that discipline is the biggest lesson learned in her writing life. Since then she has finished 3 novels and one novella.
            When she isn't busy with her husband of twenty-two years and her two adult kids, you can find her subbing in the public school system, or helping with church activities. Her favorite things to do besides writing is reading, cooking and baking.

 Firstly I' would like to thank you for taking time out of your super busy schedule, I 
understand that Murder of an Oil Heiress just hit the stands.. So to speak a few days ago.

Candy: I'm happy to be here. Yes it came out Tuesday. I'm so excited. This is my first full 
length mystery novel.
And you are already full swing into a blog tour, as I understand it. How's that going for 
you?

Candy: The tour is going good. It's amazing how many wonderful bloggers step up to the 
plate to help host.

That is wonderful! Who may I ask are you working with?

Candy: The Finishing Fairies. It is run by Kriss Morton and Kai Wilson

Very cool, if you have a link for them do pass it along to me, so I can give them a proper 
shout out.
So this is you're first Mystery Novel, for my readers who are not familiar, what is your usual genera, and why did you turn to Murder Mystery?

Candy: I typically write Christian Romance. I do have a cozy mystery novella, 
Death By Broken Heart. I wrote that as part of an anthology we did with my writing group in 2008.
I had a dream one night and that turned in to Murder of an Oil Heiress

A Dream huh? Does your work often come from that type of resource?

Candy : No, this was the first time. It was one of those strange dreams. I dreamt that I was
 sleeping with my brother in law, blackmailing my brother and my dad was mad at me 
because I locked up the family computer. Apparently whoever controlled the computer, 
controlled the house. It was a dream afterall. LOL!! I woke up in a cold sweat thinking OMG I'm turning into Susan Lucci! I told my friend Rosalie about the dream and she said it 
sounded like the beginning of a book.

Yes! Very Soap Opera Like! So you were Mallory as opposed to Sarah... Was it thrilling to be the villain?
Candy: To be honest, it was scary. I am so opposite. I really am more like Sarah, so to have a dream about being mean made me wonder if I had some deep seeded dark side. LOL!! But, I have to confess, it was fun writing her.
Well I like to think a little darkness helps when writing darker characters! I think that
 Mallory comes across as a ruthless cunning Bitch.. (I couldn't help but actually like her... 
LOL) But I'm twisted like that.
Candy: LOL!! Guess I did my job, then. I do agree you need a darker side. I do tend to get 
one character in my novel that people hate. Novels are boring without someone to hate!!
Well I created her so I'm wondering how twisted I am. LOL!!
Have you ever been surprised by someone hating the wrong character? Like Sarah for 
instance? 
Candy: In my historical romance, I made Caitlin more on the immature and selfish side, so she'd have room to grow throughout the story. But the overwhelming hate readers felt for her surprised me.
You went for one reaction and got a totally different one. I've come across that in  my own work.
Candy: It's sometime amazing how different people will get a totally different point of view 
than what you intended. But we all see things in different lights.
With Morgan, I shot for endearingly annoyingly charming and apparently the charming 
part flew away.. LOL Does something like that disenchant you? Or make you push harder with your next piece?
Candy: I don't think it really affects me. People are entitled to their opinions and I just brush it off.
Good for you! I'm usually pushed to work harder, sometimes it can be a challenge writing outside of our comfort zones. Was it difficult for you moving away from the Christian 
Romance?
Candy: Yes because writing in the mystery genre works differently than romance. You have to know the ending of a mystery so you can plant clues throughout the novel.
Essentially you can't fly by the seat of your pants with it, as opposed to other types where if you veer of you can simply go with it. So would you say you had to plan better for 
Mystery?
Candy: Yes, although I usually do an outline anyway. I'm not a panster. But with a mystery
 you do have to plan better and you have to remember the details. You also have to pace out the clues, you don't want to dump all the clues in one chapter.
Not a panster, LOL.. You're an organized writer.. I've often wondered how the other side wrote... LOL Does that work well for you?
Outlines and such I mean?
Candy: For me, yes. I tried writing my WIP without an outline and I couldn't get the story 
moving. So I outlined the first 5 or 6 chapters then the characters finally started talking. 
LOL!! I need to know where they are headed in order to get them there.
I just do what they tell me to! Seems easier for me than arguing with them! LOL I 
understand that you have been working with a publisher. How is that experience? I'm a total Indy, so I've yet to have to have someone looking over my shoulder. Is it taxing with 
edits? Or do you have freedom to create?
Candy: This publisher is great with working with authors. I knew that going into this project. For Instance I didn't like the cover they designed so they let me hire someone else. I did pay for it but was much happier with the cover.
I have to say it is rather impressive... *knowing wink*

Candy: However, it is a bit annoying not being able to check my sales. LOL!! As an Indy I'm used to controlling everything.
So with moving to a publisher you've lost the sales channels that you became used to 
monitoring..  Not a bad trade off if you continue to sell, especially in newer venues.
Candy: Very true. That is one of the reasons I wanted to try a publisher with this book. I also wanted help in marketing.
As an Indy, marketing seems to be the Hardest thing to do. The writing comes, but the 
selling.. *Sigh... That is a truly daunting task. What avenues did you use before going to the publisher? Did they work or no?
Candy: I have done the usual FBtwitterand other social media. I think my biggest 
marketing move was when I offered free books on Amazon. But my contract is done with 
that so no more free days.
I'm looking into some paid advertising but haven't done any yet.
My publisher basically uses the same avenues I'm already using. But I will have them and 
me marketing so hopefully we'll reach more readers.
So even with a publisher, you are still hitting the pavement running, hence this huge book 
tour? I do hope they help push that for you as well
Candy: Yes I'm still doing a lot of the same marketing. The only problem I see right now  is 
the publisher released 12 books on the same day as mine. I think they are overwhelmed and haven't done much with promoting. But they do try to help. I did notice that they are 
prompting the book review I just got.
Well that is something. It is a rather good read! 
As to Murder of An Oil Heiress, we've discussed that it takes a bit of darkness to write 
darker characters and that this is your first foray in to the Murder Mystery Genera, has it been an experience you are looking forward to exploring again or is it back to Christian 
Romance for you now that it is done?
Candy: I tend to write whatever story comes to me. I am working on another historical 
Christian romance right now. But I will do another mystery if one ever comes to mind. Or if I have another dream. LOL!!
Well I certainly hope that you do keep dreaming them up.
Candy: LOL!! Me too.
Would you like to share with my readers what you are working on? Perhaps a little teaser.
Candy: I'm working a follow up book to The Unwilling Bride called The Unwanted Bride. It's a Christian Historical Romance.
Will your readers be seeing a new set of characters? Or will this expand on the Original 
Story?
Candy: It's a new set of characters, but Dillion and Caitlin are in the it. Caitlin's brother is the hero and although the heroin is in The Unwilling Bride. I don't want to give her away because it's a surprising twist.
Very cool, I'm sure your readers will be chomping at the bit now!
Candy: Now if I can just it finished. LOL!!
That is every Author's wish.. LOL. Well It has been wonderful chatting with you! Is there anything else you would like your readers to know? Special appearances? Any Giveaways 
they should be on the look out for?
Candy: There is a great giveaway with my book tour. You can win an Amazon gift card, 
coffee mug & t-shirt with the cover on them.
Awesome!! Do send me the link for your tour schedule! I will Post it here!!
Candy: Awesome!! Thanks so much.
Never a problem!! Again Candy, thank you so much for taking the time to visit with us 
here at the 131 Preview Review!!
Candy: Thank you for having me. it's been fun!!
Yes it has!!

Don't forget to follow Candy Anne, and check out her other venues below!!

Where to find More Candy!! 

Website     Facebook     Google+      Twitter    Goodreads     Pinterest

Amazon Best sellers:

Blog Tour! 

MY Tour Schedule





Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.