Thursday, August 15, 2013

The 131 Preview Review twists and turns with Unorthodox Writer Eri Nelson


  • Welcome to the Unorthodox world of Eri Nelson

    About the Author:
    Eri Nelson born Erica Walcott is a Indie Author and the youngest of three in a family of five. Erica became Eri (airy) from her mother who called her that for as long as she could remember. The short take on her name took on a more solid base with the love of her life and husband, Jeff Nelson.Together they have been for over twenty years.
    Writing is a passion for her and an abundance of never ending joy. Only one thing tops that for Eri... and that is when a reader enjoys the read......
    (More on Eri)
    Eri Nelson is a nontraditional indie author who manages all areas of her fiction, fantasy, paranormal, action, adventure and sometimes-erotic writing. Eri handles all the groundwork of her books, even the editing. Because of this Eri strives to improve her abilities along with trying to explain to readers her far from traditional sentence structures. However, she will openly admit that typos follow her.
    Join Eri and her shadowy side of writing as she takes you along to explore new desire hunger filled worlds where your mind can share in the heat of the read...

    Eri thank you for joining us here for the return of the 131 P&R Interview! Eri: 
    Thank you for having me, it is a pleasure to be back! 

    As I understand it, Destiny Repeats Twice (DRT) was published after The Call From Within, although it was written long before it, what caused you to hold it back?
     
    Eri:
    In all honesty I had never planned to publish any of my work. If it were not for my husbands push and pull I would have felt accomplished with the fact that I had written a book. Destiny Repeats Twice represented something I had never done before. 
     
    Although The Call From Within, which is a very primal and instinctual ridden book since its characters are on the verge of extinction, was written based on a call out. One of which I was turned down to be among many authors under one jacket. It was ultimately this first book and its response that pushed me to write two more in the series and ultimately publish Destiny Repeats Twice.
    Any success given to The Call From Within is small in comparison to other authors but it proved there was a market and an interest into my unorthodox approach. Therefore that approval among audiences has pushed me to continue and publish other works.

    Awesome! 

    You call yourself Unorthodox, with Pride, what is it about your approach that spurs that description? What I mean is what sets you apart from other writers of a similar genera? Eri:
    The funny thing is I never really knew anything truly did... separate me from other writers that is. My writing always just came from a place that felt right. It wasn't until reviews that I heard "Peculiar sentence structures" or "Quirky tales". Course this way of writing also got me those reviewers who felt I needed an editor. However, it was those rare few... the few I seemingly write for.. that would say "WOW that is some powerful stuff, girl. It took about 5 pages to adjust to your style of writing but then it felt right". This latter came from a few readers, on this occasion I heard from Kathryn McMillian-Forrest. Who I am proud to say is now a reader of my work and a friend.
    It took me awhile to work through the rejections of some to embrace my unorthodox style. Ultimately I like the way I write and hearing I can reach a few that feel the same moves me to continue.
    I can certainly attest to the first few pages then I'm hooked mentality. As my Review remarks. I am glad to know that those few "closed minded" reviews were not enough to burn you down. My Readers would have surly missed out if it had!
    Eri: (Gushing) Thank you, that means a great deal.
    You're so very welcome!!

    With DRT, you've told me that some of the characteristics of Aiden Black's personality were inspired by your husband, but that normally your characters are not pulled from those around you... That said, where do you pull most of the interesting personality traits from, if not those around you? Eri:
    (Giggling) Yes, Aiden is a personification of my husband Jeff Nelson. He inspired me greatly as to Aiden. As he was my push to write more than a page or two. It seemed the most natural thing to add a touch of him to my work.

    As to characters outside of Aiden, well they come as the book does. Evolving as I need them to through out the pages. However, the characters of the Isabella (Izzy) Tulley & Aiden Black Series also start with mythology and differ greatly from the DHC characters which come to my mind at will. Apart from Izzy, Aiden, and Arnost ,who came to me as many of the DHC does, all of the characters have some semblance to a character among mythology. Although I twist and turn the myths as I have often been accused of twisting my words.
    And both are to great affect.... Or is it effect? IDK, I mix these two up at random.. LOL..

    Most people know you for the DHC Series, your dark primal world of heat which often leads to fur and clothes flying, the Isabella (Izzy) Tulley & Aiden Black Series, is a spin into another world, one closer to our own, but still full of the mystical.
    What draws you to this type of writing? As opposed to say straight Horror, or Romance? Eri:
    Many will tell you to write what you know. Although I would inspire others to create their own perceptions and worlds to make them in.
    Writing is a free vein of expression and thus allows me to pull from places I can not see in the real world. In order to make the fast pace heat and adrenaline laced battles come to life for me they have to be done in a fictional way. And what better way than in a mystical standing.
    An excellent way to put it. I'm a write what you know kind of girl, it works for me. Your imagination is very potent, and addicting....
    Eri:
    Very kind of you to say, thank you. As an Indy Author you make a point of telling others that you enjoy being in the thick of what you do, from the writing to the book covers. Is it true that you actually go through 7 layers of Editing?? What's that like for you? Eri:
    Being in the thick of it as you say, came from realizing the cost and not being able to afford it for all the books rolling around in my head. (she giggles)  
    Editing might be in some of my critics eyes my Achilles heal. However, if it is, it is one I aspire to conquer. So the few extra run throughs I do make feel like I get a tad closer each time to perfection.
    But as you say the "Oops" seem to follow you.

    Currently you are in the process of beginning the Edits for "
    The Scent Of Power" The Second Installment of the Isabella (Izzy) Tulley & Aiden Black Series. Do you anticipate this one pulling us in as much as DRT?  
    Be honest no slices of Humble Pie are served here!! *Wicked Laugh* Eri: 
    Yes, I say oops follow me. It is beyond me to think we are truly perfection so I let my disclaimer say that I am basically human. (she smiles)
    If you are enthralled as much as I am in the telling of the Izzy and Aiden tale then yes. There is action, adventure, humor, magic, and some fire to my characters that blaze in just the right place. So what more can you ask for if you are a Eri Nelson enthusiast (she laughs wickedly).
    An Advanced copy.... 
    Wait , I got's me one of those... 
    So nope I got it all!! HAHAHAHAAA!!
    Eri: (Laughing) Yes, you have a rough draft of my work. Admittedly, very few every get to see my mind's working in a such a way.
    For that I am most grateful.

    With the new book in editing, and the summer drawing to it's close, what are we to see coming from you as we await our next chance to see Izzy kick some pompous ass?? Excerpts? Blog Posts of note? Eri:
    Truthfully I have not thought much about it as of yet. I guess it will be a surprise to readers as much as it will be to me.
    And me...
    Eri: (she giggles) Anything you'd like to share with us tonight before we bring the interview to a close? Your views on publishing, writing, is there anything you wish Interviewers would ask, that never gets asked that you would like to propose? 

    I am your Soapbox...
    Eri:
    Hmm, that's an interesting question. The first thought that comes into my head is "What is your perception of writing in general?" And here my response would be.... 
    I know many have gotten so deeply enveloped in a overall perception of editing aspects of our work that in my mind we fare to similar to each other. So for me writing would be more splendid if we were to look on it as an art form. Thusly putting ourselves farther from the more rigid platforms that have been set upon us by the masses.
    There was a time that writing was considered art, and not simply when it came to poetry. Shakespeare was considered an artist, film directors are artists. I wonder when did that stop being the case with writers...
    Eri:
    That is an interesting thought. Although, as long as there are those of us who dare to test this current path to writing, perhaps it will soon be seen as an art form once again and us as the artists who gave a defining new vision to the words...
    d your readers. Thank you so much for this time with you all.
    Thank you so much Eri for joining us again here at the 131 Preview Review I know that I and my readers of the Wee hours are waiting to see what next you paint with your weaving of wondrous warbling words... Eri: It has been my pleasure to be here with you all!

    Until Next Time My Readers of the Wee Hours!

    CHEERS!! and... HAPPY READING!!


    Do be sure to check out Eri Nelson at the venues below!! Especially The Unorthodox Blog. Where her thoughts and words spill out all the juicy details!!

    Cheers! And Happy Reading!

    Web:              Blog:           Twitter:          Facebook:         Amazon:       Goodreads


Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.