Thursday, December 5, 2013

The 131 Preview Review is back with Author Solease M. Barner

The 131 Preview Review is back with 

Author Solease M. Barner



Solease lives in a quiet area. She is a wife, and mother to a daughter. Solease loves to spend time with her family. She's been called the social butterfly by many friends. She's a huge movie buff, and loves to read books. She writes poetry on a daily basis, as a way to release stress. Solease is the author of "Secrets of the Ghosts - The Sleeper""Secrets of the Ghosts - AWAKENS", "The Draglen Brothers Series - DRAKEN" and "The Draglen Brothers Series - SHOWKEN"



We are back this time to talk about Awakens, the second in your Secrets of the Ghosts  series.

Solease: Yes we are, I'm excited too!

The first of which I reviewed almost a year ago, and I have to say the tale picks up nicely.

Solease: Thank you I appreciate that.

You're very welcome. So I've just recent;y finished my 131 pages, and have decided to see where that takes me, so I'm thankful for the whole tale.  This one is very inside Holiday's head from the start.

Solease: Yes it goes pretty deep inside Holiday 

I mean they are all 1st person, so obviously it's in her head, but I feel like we get more of a sense of her urgency and feeling than even the first allowed.

Solease:  Yes you do, She is in a state of panic, she is trying to fix so many things in her life.

The hubby, the ex, the napped sister... Poor girl.. And the new twist.. The touch of the paranormal that was found in the end of the first book, is now more prevalent.  I didn't see that coming.

Solease: Yes, I do like curve balls  but I feel like it fits well with Holiday. It explains things in her life better

I went into the series thinking it was simply a James Bond type secret Agent type series, to be surprised by this power that Holiday has. The Ability to freeze time. Of all the "powers" a character could have why did you pick this one?

Solease: Holiday being able to freeze time goes with who she is a woman, mother sister, confused wife. I mean she has so much going on in her life at times you want to stop time for her yourself as a reader. Besides, freezing time is a great weapon to have. If you are in danger you can stop time get away or defeat your enemy and they never know what's going on. I really like her special gift. This gift also goes well with her true heritage 

That it does, and the 131 got me right into the thick of "The Explanation" 

Solease: Awesome 

I don't want to give that away to the readers, though, it's a very cool perspective.

Solease: yes I don't either, but it is different 

When last we spoke about this series I asked you about difficult to write characters, then you told me that of the sisters Delores was the more difficult to write. Citing her drinking as a defense causing some of the issue. Do you still feel that way?

Solease: Yes, Delores is very complex. You see her true self only when she wants, the other sisters are more open. really the other characters are more open in the story, but Delores she keeps herself hidden, yet when she does open up you truly see her as a killer and sister.

Yes we do! You seem to have developed this knack to write scenes which hit me in the gut. The first time was with DRAKEN, (You're Dragonshifter Novel) which I reviewed not so long ago. And the second was within the pages of AWAKENS, the scene between Delores and Holiday just before the mission to extract Xavier, was quite powerful.

Solease: Yes that was a very powerful scene, I only had to write that scene once. I was totally there when they were talking and could feel all the emotions. I'm so glad that it came across in the book as well.
I also like to make people feel something when reading a book I've written. so its nice to know I'm doing that 

The emotions are very "There" in your face. How do you prepare yourself to write those wrenching scenes?

Solease: I use all sorts of things to help, a song, movie, experience in life, always something that can bring some emotion that will put me in the mood.

The focus on family is again in the forefront, it seems to be an underlying theme in all of the work I have experienced from you. Particularly Large families, is it safe to assume you come from one? And that you write from some opf that experience? (the dynamic seems very "real")

Solease: Yes, you are correct family is important to me and I come from a family of four girls, but with tons of cousins, large is not touching how many lol. I also want to show in my work that family is not always blood. This is why Holiday and her sisters are all adopted, but you can't tell any difference between them from blood siblings. I want readers to see some "real" when they read my books. Because in life family is made up in all different ways. So, even for only child kids, they might have cousins, or close friends but in the end they have family.

And in the case of AWAKENS, you've even thrown in a couple of Rotten Eggs.. LOL

Solease:  LOL yes I have

We see "the mission side" of Holiday, more in this one, when she works with the ex/possible still David, the almost there scenes between the pair were smokin' hot. I like that there is a reason for it, besides tension. I also like the sadistic side of the sisters which comes out full force after they get their hands on Xavier. Was that difficult to write? The torture I mean, because as fun as the tale can be it is also much darker that the first.

Solease: I first have to say Holiday and David scenes are very intense David is a determine man and he has an appeal that even her sisters like, well except Rebecca she could careless. The scenes with how the sisters show the darkness within them had to be told. It wasn't hard to write as much as I thought it would be. I would think about if my sister was kidnapped and a person knew where she was hat lengths would I go to get information. The sisters along with Holiday really show you who they are in AWAKENS, leaving no doubt about their capabilities. Xavier had information they needed and though they do horrific things to him, one must ask, what would they do if their loved one was in danger and someone as evil as Xavier had the information. See the scene becomes easier to write as you know that Xavier hands is just as dirty.

There is definitely a determination in David, and Xavier, well I certainly hope that screwdriver finds it's mark... Eventually. I haven't gotten to him waking up yet, so don't tell me.. LOL But I do understand that there is to be a third in the series, how is that coming?

Solease: LOL I won't tell you about him but I'm sure I will get a message when you see and get there. Yes, there is a third book I'm currently writing, called REDEMPTION. It's coming along good. It will get worse before it gets better, but answers will be given and hopefully will fulfill everyone need for what is to come of Holidays' life.

Nice.. I look forward to seeing how it pans out!!  I understand that DRAKEN is doing well, and that you have just released another in that series, SHOWKEN, is that correct?

Solease: yes that is correct, Draken is doing very well, and when Showken was released he is doing good as well. I'm excited about this new series of family  These brothers/dragonshifters are like no other 

I can certainly attest to That!!

Solease: LOL yes, I'm glad you enjoyed Draken, I do hope you check out Showken his story is different 

It's on my TBR list!! I haven't finished DRAKEN just yet, as I have been doing the Holiday run round. But I hope to get to it soon. 
With the holidays here are you doing anything worth mentioning that my readers should commit to memory?? Big sales, giveaways? Blog tours??

Solease: Oh well I won't spoil that for you either, yes I do understand about the TBR list I have a long one myself, and with the holidays it has me going, but I'm writing two books currently too. I'm doing a huge Giveaway that ends Dec 19th and I'm doing a promotion for signed copies right now as well for my books as paperbacks always makes a great gift. This is through my website for signed copies. Here is the link for the giveaway which includes awesome gifts!!!  Here is the link for signed copies of all my books 

AWESOME!!!
I will be sure to point everyone to your site!! (CLICK ABOVE!!!!)

Solease: Thank you very much I do appreciate that!!

This has been a great chat, as always.. Thank you for coming over to see us here at the 131 Preview Review!!
I can't wait to finish AWAKENS!! I can't seem to put it down!

Solease: Thank you for having me I appreciate being here and chatting with you I look forward to the next book chat/interview LOL you will message me about Xavier I have no doubt and probably about more things after you will be SHOCKED

We will soon see, I'm at the part where the auntie lets Holiday feel Joy's pain....

Solease: Oh yes very intense and painful too, she feels everything and I couldn't imagine  She is going to be pissed

Well I'm off to get this pulled together and see where AWAKENS takes me. As always Until next time Readers Check out Solease M. Barner at the Venues Below!! And Don't forget about our Review Here!

Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.