Monday, March 4, 2013

131 Preview Interview with Cinsearae S.

Life’s a bitch, and then you DON’T die….


Ms. +Cinsearae S.  is the Editor/Publisher of award-winning Dark Gothic Resurrected Magazine and a book cover designer for Damnation Books and independent authors. Author of The ABRAXAS Series, Boleyn: Tudor Vampire, Creepy Crawlers and In the Beginning (published through Black Bed Sheet Books), Cinsearae is an avid lover of all things Gothic and horrific, and is a huge Vincent Price fan. Her Etsy shop, Mistress Rae’s Decadent Designs specializes in one-of-a-kind creepy dolls, Steampunk/Victorian/Halloween inspired jewelry, accessories, and more, receiving Fright Times’ 2012 Award for Best Horror Collectible. She lives with her husband and two rat terriers, aptly named Hades and Chaos. Visit her at http://bloodtouch.webs.com/ and friend her Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/ Pintrest and Goodreads @ Cinsearae.
The 131 Preview Review would like to thank Cinsearae S. Author of Diary of A Vampire Stripper for joining me today. I do hope you enjoyed my Review!

Cinsearae: Thank You! This is the first real time interview I've done lol. And yes, I was so happy you enjoyed what you read! (I'm guessing stupid Yahoo ate my reply back to you about that...)

Probably. 
So a Stripper Vampire, what made you decide to slap those two words together.

Cinsearae: Funny thing is, when I woke up to Audra's voice talking in my head, telling me her story, I already knew what she was, so simply calling the story what it was seemed the way to go, lol!

Seems you’re another kindred spirit... That is to say a Dream Writer?

Cinsearae: They come to me just when I waking up...and sometimes, I'll get random conversations in my head throughout the day, and at any given moment. I have notebooks in various parts of the house in case one of them decides to say something. Even though it's a fragment, I know it'll fit in a story somewhere down the line, lol!

That is completely awesome! Did DOAVS start out to be comedic or develop its chuckle factor as the story progressed?

Cinsearae: Nah... totally comedic, lol. By her attitude and the way she talks, I already knew it would have a lot of funny moments.

She certainly has her shtick down pat.
I love how you managed to grasp the grittiness of the strip joint; did you do any live research for that? Or just watch a lot of TV?
(Seeing as it takes place in your home state)

Cinsearae: Yes, I did some live research... I just won't say exactly how much, LOL!
TV shows are a bit too glamorized I can definitely say that!

Awe, well then we'll all just use our imagination!! I bet you still have glitter on some of your clothes!

Cinsearae: I like glitter.... *grin* Let's just say that there are a couple parts early in the story based on true events... And that Lucinda is loosely based on an actual person... 

Well that must have been fun! Because she has quite a bit of it in the beginning!! What is your favorite thing about Audra?

Cinsearae: My thing about Audra? She's such a complex person... There's a little of me in her, but a lot that's not as well... she's the kind of person that couldn't be friends with herself... 

I know a few people who couldn't tolerate their own presence if they had too. LOL
Goddess knows I'd cuss my self out, not that I don't anyhow! 
So did you have a favorite Audra scene?

Cinsearae: My favorite scene to writer her in... good one.... Well, there's a scene where she winds up in a hospital morgue, and she plots her escape. (wouldn't want anyone seeing a 'dead body' get up and walk! lol!

I loved that one. It had my claustrophobia all a flutter!

Cinsearae: I had another scene early on where she imagines ripping a guys head off, because he's so damned annoying. That was fun to write... 

*Big grin over here* Was there anything that you wrote that made you think, I must be outta my mind?

Cinsearae: Well, putting her with Paul...omg, I would NOT put myself through the things that she went through with him early in their relationship, *roflmao.* I just would NOT have the patience. I probably pushed the envelope a little bit there. *grin*

Ha-ha... Yeah he did get way comfortable, way quick! But I like dick and fart jokes so I was dyin'.
I see that DOAVS is a Kindle exclusive, what made you go the Indy Route as opposed to a traditional publisher, and will we be seeing it in paperback any time soon?

Cinsearae: LOL!!!! My tastes in humor are dark and a bit crass too! DOAVS is in print too! *grin* 
I've been indie for quite a while. I like this route especially since this frees a writer from the seeking an agent/waiting/rejection process... I have one book with a small press publisher, and I've appeared in some anthologies, but I'm predominantly indie. 

Oh? I see that it is, I didn't see it in print on amazon. Glad we cleared that up!! I made sure the links are floating around here and on the Review Page.
It is a freeing feeling to write how and what you want. And you are your own editor as well I assume?

Cinsearae: Although it’s a lot more responsibility for the author, I do that too. I won't release it until I'm 100% sure it's typo free. (and even still, I might find just one or two which irks me, but hey, even the big publishing houses release books with a typo or two. No one's perfect...

You are far more dedicated than I, I rip through once, twice if I have to, I can't do an edit without adding!!
Everything you write has that Gothic edge, and you say you are an avid Vincent Price fan, (I'm Partial to all of his E.A. Poe and other Horror films) has this always been a passion for you, or was it something you found later in life?

Cinsearae: I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! all those Roger Corman films!! I think he did a fine job with telling the stories... As well as casting Price in them!! I'm always watching them from time to time. I first fell in love with Price as a kid when I saw him on the Muppet Show, lol!
My interests in the odd, creepy, weird, and bizarre were pretty much innate back then. I was always singled out as the odd kid throughout life... 

That can be hard, I know, I had similar interests, it's hard having the aptitude for Poe, Rice, or Blake when your peers are reading Nancy Drew. But at the same time sitting just outside the box, can give you such a great view of the "normals"
You have a lot of credits to your name, Editor/Publisher of Dark Gothic Resurrected Magazine, Book Cover Designer for Damnation books and for hire, and Mistress Rae's Decadent Designs where you create the cutest macabre dolls, with all of this, how have you found the time to write?
And learn Taxidermy On top of it!?

Cinsearae: OMG, does it ever!!!! But I'd rather be the wolf... Not part of the SHEEP. I was reading King in 8th grade, so you KNOW I got those looks, lol!
Everything's pretty much spaced out. The magazine is year-round, but I don't get really busy with the issues until about 2 months before I release them. When it comes to writing, I don't do that every day... I write when the muse hits me. I can't ever force myself to write. I truly can't (and won't) do it. Designing book covers is fun and they don't take me long to do at all. I can visualize what the author is describing for a cover, and so far, they've all loved what I've done for them, so that's what counts. 
Mistress Rae's is also something I do when I get the urge to create something creepy or just plain crazy. It's like certain aspects of my creativity come in cycles, and right now, I'm in my writing one. The taxidermy part is very new, and not quite true taxidermy per se.... I more or less dry out certain animal parts or small animals. I can't do anything bigger than, say, a squirrel...not just yet.
And I don't use the entire squirrel either.... *grin*
LOL, Well your mice are nice! Or in the above case squirrels! 
You covers are really cool, I do my own, but they take me hours and hours! LOL. And since we’re on the creative topic, would you like to tell us a bit about your Etsy shop?

Seeing as you won an award in 2012 for your collectibles.
I'd love a pic of the winning piece/s to add to the interview if you can scrounge one up before Sunday night


Cinsearae: Aw, thank you. "Granny Mouse" is the first mouse I've done. Last year I did a squirrel named "King Henry" (See above) and yep, he even wore a crown. 
The award came as a total surprise. I didn't even realize that the judges were walking around the convention checking out the vendors! I nearly jumped up and down in surprise at that... I started my shop back in 2009, and it's been growing with creepy things: insect jewelry, anthropomorphic oddities, zombie dolls, you name it, lol. It's just a way to share my creative creepiness with the world, lol.


I've taken a look, and they are really quite awesome, but I do love those living dead dolls, so I'd say these are right up my alley! I love the zombies, but the Sugar Skull dolls are exquisite.
You made mention to me in conversation that DOAVS has a sequel in the works, care to share a little taste with us.

Cinsearae: Thank you so much Shannon! I like making up Sugar Skull dolls, they've been my favorite as of late and most definitely DOAVS has a sequel! Here's a teaser trailer and if anyone visits the DOAVS page on my website, they can download the opening chapter to part II. There's a good reason (or in his case, very bad, lol) reason why Paul becomes a ghoul, and it's up to Audra and Lucinda to work on un-ghouling him, lol. But the trailer itself hints to a lot more stuff going on in the next book



Awesome, I'll Be sure to post the links, if I can mange would you mind if I used the embedded codes from YouTube, right here in the interview? I like to Share the visuals when I can.

Cinsearae: You need me to get it for you? I can hop on YouTube...

No I can get, not a problem. It's just making sure Blogger agrees with me! LOL
And apparently it has...





It's awesome to talk to someone so into Halloween and the darker more fun side of things. Halloween is a big thing in my household. So your work is so perfectly cool.



Cinsearae: My favorite time of the year!!!! I have decorations up all year round!!!  My latest addition (per hubby's request) is "uncle Sid", a life-sized zombie prop we got out of the Halloween store last year. Took me a while to get used to it being in our living room. but even still, I always look at it as I pass by it, lol. There's a female zombie he wants to get too, but we'll have to wait until the stores open up again for the season... argh!

We're like that, used to put away a lot of the stuff, but now we leave all the witches out year long. It's my parents anniversary, 34yrs, this OCT, so we've always gone all out!!



Connection issues aside (damn Mercury Retrograde) This has been such a great chat, I hope that you've Enjoyed it as much as I have!

Cinsearae: Immensely, lol!! I'm just glad my connection decided to stop being a douche...

Yes, I am thankful for that as well. 


Until next time, dear readers of the Wee Hours. Be sure to click below to peruse the arenas where you can find more from Author Cinsearae S. And as always click here to be taken to my Review of Diary Of A Vampire Stripper!  

Happy Writing!

Diary of A Vampire Stripper For Kindle      Diary of A Vampire Stripper in Print  

Author Website                                                      Facebook

Twitter/Pinterst: @Cinsearae                                 Google + Profile           


Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.