Monday, April 1, 2013

The 131 Preview Presents Eri Nelson

The 131 Preview Review Presents Author Eri Nelson


Eri Nelson is a nontraditional indie author who manages all areas of her fiction, fantasy, paranormal, action, adventure, and sometimes-erotic writing. Eri handles all the groundwork of her books, even the editing. Because of this Eri strives to improve her abilities along with trying to explain to readers her far from traditional sentence structures. However, she will openly admit that typos follow her.

Join Eri and her shadowy side of writing as she takes you along to explore new desire hunger filled worlds where your mind can share in the heat of the read.

       As is becoming my niche, I have had the opportunity to do a wee bit of live Q&A with Eri... Let’s see what I can stir up in my cauldron.... (Hearty Cackle)

       Eri, thanks for taking the time to banter with the readers and me. I really enjoyed The Call From Within.

Eri: I am so flattered that you like the book. (Jumping up and down with glee!!)
       I love your enthusiasm, What was your inspiration for writing The Call From Within?

​Eri: To be honest the start of the whole idea came from a call out for a short paranormal read from various authors to appear under one cover. With that in mind, I wanted to create something that had not been done before. From there it was just pen to paper so to speak. However, "The Call From Within." was rejected due to the fact that mine was not of the original story lines they were looking for.

          ​Too bad for them, they surely missed out. What was your favorite scene to write, why?

Eri: By far the action scenes.... The fast pace dancing around in my head gets the blood pumping and gives me the drive to write more.

        ​Those of us who write can certainly connect with that, and your scenes have quite the rhythm. What do you think makes a good story?

Eri: Well speaking from my stance on writing, it would be the dark primal paranormal action that is laced with enticing sex scenes. (teasing grin)

       ​Your work is definitely geared toward the mature audiences in that enticing, tension building sort of way. What books if any have most influenced your own writing?

​Eri: Wow that would be a very long list. I am often inspired by the drive of many authors. Even now as I read In Dreams The Road Unavoidable,” I am driven by the carry of words into an unknown world. This type of writing sparks my flame and makes me desire to forge forward with bigger inspiring fires.

           ​Thank you so much for the complement! I am honored to be in your list of authors! I do aim to inspire! What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?

​Eri: I am not sure some would call it a quirk (lol). However, I love to make words roll off your tongue by using the not so usual turn of phrases.
      
      The unusual turns are what make it all worth writing and reading and you do it well. Where do you draw the most inspiration for your work?

Eri: I might jot things down here and there but for me it is the blank page that inspires me. There are infinite possibilities awaiting your fingertips when you are before a blank page.

        That’s a very brave and interesting take on things. I’m more of a planner myself. Blank pages scare me. So what’s next for you as a writer?
Eri: I am continuing to write and hopefully create a new venue for myself on my site www.dearharts.com. As most writers face discouragement, I am no different. Although I wanted to stare it down, and use it. Therefore the new role to my site. It is among dearharts.com that hopefully readers will be able to get the real sense of who I am as a writer.

       I hope they can get a feel for you here as well! As I have finished the latest of your works, I have to say, wow. When you told me it would be darker, and something you hoped would be your defining piece, you were not kidding. It is by far the best of the series. I could continue to gush, but I know I have a question in here somewhere... 
     InDouble Call from Desire, you introduce a new Dearhart Clan member Thomas, (who personally I love) I wonder, where did your inspiration for him come from? He is so well defined that I feel like he has roots in someone.

Eri: Before each book (or since the beginning of the series) I draft a few characters amid what I call character outlines. Here a write down a few traits. Such as there physics, outstanding attributes, and I even do some research as to the place and the times in which I place their origin. I keep in basic for I want the character to change and mold as the story unfolds. As to Thomas... Outside of Owen and Kristen I wanted a character to be realistic to the forced pairing. As you probably know from reading my work... I am not much for traditional. Therefore when Thomas came into the picture I wanted a character who went kicking and screaming but still went....lol

        Well he has certainly dug in his paws!
Eri: Yes, and I love that. He is tempted by what she brings out in him and now with the added child he is even conflicted more.

​          He does seem to want his parental rights, if not the mother. It feels like he is bonded more to the life inside than the woman.
​         In the books you separate the Were's from the Shapeshifters, when most others would clump them in as the same thing. What made you decide to do this?

Eri: I want readers to understand the struggle and difference between their forms. Even as a Were they are far different than what I would call mortal. They are driven by a more primitive nature. So with the name change in their appearances I was hoping to show the inner conflicts within the course of the story.
         I would certainly say there is no lack in conflict, Be it internal or external.
Eri: Awesome... I am glad to hear that. That must seem so warped for a writer to respond with. However, I am delighted that what I was hoping for came across in the story. *An interesting point to this process comes from my daughter after reading Double Call From Desire. She was bawling at the end of the story and I was like is that from reading the book? She responded by saying yes and immediately with that I was jumping up and down shouting YES!!!

        I think we as authors should revel in the readers response. It makes it all worth while!
​        The character Bry, I keep reading his dialogue with a brogue. Is my assumption of his Celtic origins correct? There are things about him that simply scream Irish or perhaps Scottish Highlander. If your answer would spoil something you may decline to answer.

Eri: As you may see I skim their ancestry. Only because I want the reader to form an image in their mind. But yes, if you were to read my notes you would most defiantly read about Celtic undertones.

​          Tee hee! I love to be right!

Eri: lol, yes you are.
      
         With so much on the line where is the Dearhart Clan headed from here?

Eri: There will be one more complete book under the DHC title before the series divides under two divisions of INK and the DHC. Under one cover these two divisions will intertwine. The character Karina is the lead under INK. She is the voice of an unwanted change by the clan. It is unclear if she will be the brighter hope for a future that Bry thinks her to be. (And of course I am writing it that way to be sure.... lol) War is looming... and the darker nature of the books will most definitely but the forecast for the series.*most definitely be (typo)
      Ohh... Tantalizing. Tell us just enough to start the salivating! So DHC will off shoot into something more. I love that! I would not presume to ask you who you are as an author, it assumes too much, but... 
       Can you tell me what drew you to your Genera? Did you find it lacking for something or was it just the one it wound up in when you were finished?

Eri: I would be to presumptuous to think I could write with all the traditional beauty that comes to a more mainstream genre. Not saying that paranormal is to be judged in any less of any other genre. However, with that said I see my genre as being a dark primal paranormal fantasy. This does not mean I see myself as more than paranormal... it is just that my approach is often questioned so placing myself just outside of the limits of a typical genre, safe gates the premise of other authors as well as allowing me a no limit on how I wish to continue.

           Well You Push the limits in Wonderful Ways!  ​So you recently published Heated Calls From Change, will you be taking a break to better promote the works or are you diving head first into the next one?

Eri: During the winter months, I switch series. So currently, I am working on Isabella (Izzy) Tulley & Aiden Black Series, The Scent Of Power. I will be focusing more on the DHC once I have finished this current book.
          Very Cool... Would you like to share a blurb from The Izzy Series with us?

Eri: I started writing The Scent Of Power last summer but was diverted with thoughts of the DHC. So currently, the book lies half completed and me anxious to finish it. (lol) Here is a little of how the story starts off...

​            Click here to be taken to the prologue of  The Scent Of Power

           Well Then. That is quite the teaser! Thanks so Much for Sharing with us! I know I've enjoyed it!

Eri: Thank you, I am glad that did. *that you did

    You and those pesky Typos!


Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear readers of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! 

We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....

Cheers! And Happy Reading!

Do be sure to check out my Review With Eri and find her at the venues below!! 


Web:              Blog:               Twitter:                       Facebook:                     Amazon:



Words form the Author:





Follow by Email

Labels

@AirickaPhoenix @ariana_erotica @ashleyfontainne @CCGenovese @JacintaMaree6 @jaycuttsbooks @JCReedAuthor @kcastronaro @MarianneSpitzer @shannonihayes @shannonihayes #GhostStories @VickiBatman & Lillian Hansen #131PreviewReview #131PreviewReview #WROTM #Author #CBT #Dark #ContemporaryRomance #eroticfun #Excerpt #firsttimes #IndyThursday #Kinkyfetish #MondayBlogs #MondayBlogs #131PreviewReview Welcomes Death By Haggis #Author Jay Cutts @shannonihayes @jaycuttsbooks #MondayBlogs 131 Preview Review Interviews Bliss #Author @brandonhalsey @shannonihayes #MondayBlogs The 131 PReview Review Presents #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview #MondayBlogsThe #131PreviewReview Presents #WROTM VERLIEGE From Author Micheal Rivers @micheal_rivers @shannonihayes #Romance #Sexual Content #Spotlight #Spotlight #131PreviewReview Mocha #TeaserTuesday #TeaserTuesday The 131 Preview Review Presents Deceptive Outlaw @DawnWhite9 @shannonihayes #TwistedFairyTales #WriterWednesday #WriterWednesday The 131 Preview Review Presents His lullaby Baby @AirickaPhoenix @shannonihayes #Romance #WROTM 131 Preview Review Interviews 24/7 A Leopard's Path action AFTERSHOCK Airicka Phoenix Alexandra Anthony Amongst The Clouds: James And Syvok Adventure 4 and Murder From Author MaryAnn Kempher @shannonihayes @MaryAnnKempher Author Author Interviews Autumn Harvest: Maiden Autumn Harvest: Tales Battleborn BDSM bio-synthetic blood BLOOD TIES Book 1) Books Brandon Halsey Breathless (Death Viewers By Ashley Fontaine Candy Anne Little Carolyn Arnold CBT Cherokee Children's Books Chris C. Genovese Christine M. Butler Cinsearae S. comedy Contemporary Romance Cora Blu Cover Reveal D/s Dark Corridors Dark Primal Paranormal Romance David Edward Wagner Deamhan Death By Haggis Desecrated Beauty DHC DHC Series DnD Doreen McGettian DRAGONSHIFTER Dreams and screams bookaholics Dwarves Elves Eri Nelson erotic fantasy Erotic fun Erotic situations Erotica family Fantasy FBI feminism Fiction gender-identity Ghost stories Gothic Harley-Davidson interviews intrigue Isaiyan Morrison Istanbul Jay Cutts Killing Jenna Crane Kim Cresswell @kimcresswell Kinky Carnival Games Kristopher Lioudis L.J. Charles Leprechauns Lesbian Lia Davis Literary Fiction Love Maybe Mandy Mild Sexual content Moonlight Murder/Mystery Musick Nina Ceves NJ novella paranormal investigator Paranormal Romance Pegging philosophy Presents psychic Publishing Queer r #Promo racism Retribution reviews Roger Corman Romance Books S.I.Hayes satire Schiffer Publishing Sci-Fi science fiction secret agencies Serill Killers sexism Sexual Content shapshifters Short Story Compilation Smokey Mountain Ghost Trackers Solease M. Barner Soulless; The Immortal Gene Spotlight Stephen King Stripper Vampire strong female characters strong language Strong Sexual Content suspense T.J.Loveless tear jerkers Author Interviews Temporarily Employed The 13 Preview Review Presents The 131 Preview Review Presents The Devil’s Beauty The Lover's Surrende The ManicScribbler The Muppet Show The Walking Dead thriller Tof Eklund Transcending Darkness Trilogy Typos UK United Kingdom Valerie Lioudis Vampires Vicki Batman Vincent Price Virginia McKevitt Wendy Nystrom werewolves Will Van Stone Jr William Sawyers WIP Women's Lit Women's literary Fiction WROTM Zombie Strippers Zombies


The In Dreams... Series, The Roads Trilogy, is the accumulation of almost eight years of writing. Begun in 2006 after a D&D campaign

ended S.I.Hayes took the world and created the Unavoidable Road. It took five years as

Shannon spent many months at a time in an undiagnosed Bi-Polar fog.


In 2010, she finally found the help she needed and she has been writing feverishly ever since


The first book wast over 130,000 words, so she decided that it needed to be smaller if only tonot scare readers away form an unknown book that was so thick.


Thus the first trilogy was born.


In between she became the CoAuthor to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a Paranormal Drama likened to Big Brother Meets The Real World, of the Preternatural, Several blogs and her own website. S.I.Hayes.com.